- information collected by third party websites, platforms and/or applications (“Third Party Sites”) which we do not control;
- information collected by Third Party Sites which you access via links on the Site (“External Sites”); or
- banners, sweepstakes and other advertisements or promotions on Third Party Sites that we may sponsor or participate in.
By using the Site or providing us with any information, you: (a) acknowledge that the Site is subject to the laws of India, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to India and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
Information you give us directly
We may collect information directly from you when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you open a new account on the Site, register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, book an experience using the Site, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- Telephone number;
- Credit card or other payment information;
- Date of birth;
- User-generated content, posts and other content you submit to the Site; or
- Any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us.
- Information about the type of browser you use;
- Details of the web pages you have viewed;
- IP address;
- The hyperlinks you have clicked;
- Your username, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+); or
- The websites you visited before arriving at the Site.
Use of Information
We may use your personal information collected by us to:
- Improve our services and your experience on the Site.
- Evaluate the use of the Site, as well as its products and services.
- Analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions.
- Personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before and which site referred you to it.
- Make the Site easier to use and to better tailor the Site and our services to your interests and needs.
- Help speed up your future activities and experience on the Site. For example, the Site can recognise that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time.
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the Site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that the Site presents the best web experience for you.
- To contact you regarding services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so, or you have previously requested a service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- Respond to your queries or comments.
- Processing applications and transactions.
Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for a legitimate business activity or legal reasons. Please note that in order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
When you create a Travomate account, we will set up a Travomate account profile page for you. Your Travomate account profile page will include your first name and last name. You can select the other items of personal information that you wish to be included in your Travomate account profile page – including, but not limited to, a profile picture. We will display your profile information in your Travomate account profile page publicly via the Site, and, with your prior permission, on Third Party Sites. Any information you choose to provide as part of your profile information will be publicly visible to all Travomate Users and consequently should reflect how much you want other Travomate Users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you disable the cookies however, this may impact your experience on the Site.
Sharing of information
For the purpose of facilitating the booking of an Experience, Travomate shall share the following information with the users on the Site:
- Location (not exact address)
- Details of the listed Experience including locations covered, time taken, event-by- event break up of the proposed Experience.
- Questions asked on the site/answers given/cities visited and any other information you fill up
- Your site consumption information e.g. likes, votes, answers, questions, shares, booked tours etc.
- Our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions.
- Third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered.
- Law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information.
- Third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us consent to do so.
- Third party service providers which provide services to Travomate such as data analysis firms, customer support specialists, email vendors, webhosting companies and fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that coordinate mailings).
- Our affiliates and other divisions in our company which may be located in or outside India.
- Conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws.
- Detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests.
Travomate will not sell personal information, except to an entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business (for example, in connection with our sale of a brand or undertaking), or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business.
Sharing of information
If a Chaperone posts a listing about an Experience, we may publish that listing publicly via the Site and may enable third parties to publish your listing on their websites through the use of an HTML “widget”. We may also display the geographical details of your Experience in the form of a map so that potential Users can see the general area and neighborhood of your Experience, but the actual details of the location will not be disclosed until you enter into a confirmed transaction with a Chaperone. If you request to make a booking via the Site, Travomate may share the following information about you with the applicable Chaperone: your first and last name and a link to your Travomate account profile page. All of this information will enable the Chaperone to decide whether to confirm or reject your booking. When a Chaperone confirms a booking we may share pieces of the Chaperone’s identifying information, including, but not limited to, full name, phone number, the Experience’s starting address and the Chaperone’s email address, with the applicable User selected by the Guide and we may share pieces of the User’s identifying information with the Chaperone, including, but not limited to, full name, phone number and email address, so that the User and the Chaperone may contact one another directly. In no event is a User’s billing information shared with a Chaperone.
Our Site maintains stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, unauthorised use, disclosure, destruction and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession, we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against such unauthorized access.
However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. Please note that we cannot absolutely ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. Travomate restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you, and those persons who are authorized to have access to such information.
Transfer of information
With your consent we may post your testimonial on the Site along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us.
Choice / Opt-Out
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out of receiving such communications.
Your privacy rights, choice and access
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, delete, or update any of your personal information collected through the Site, you may edit your profile preferences or contact us in relation to the same. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us in relation to the same. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes and policy updates
In accordance with the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 and applicable rules / regulations prescribed thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are as follows:
- Phone: xxxxxxxx
- Email: makemeChaperone@travomate.com Time: 11AM-4PM – Monday to Friday (Public holidays and company holidays excluded)
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact Travomate directly at makemeChaperone@travomate.com. Otherwise, you can contact us at the following address:
Travomate Pvt. Ltd.